MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
ADVANCEMENT & COMMUNICATION
Under the direction of the Chief Communications Officer, the Marketing & Communications Specialist will coordinate with Advancement & Communications, Enrollment Management, and IT, along other teams at UC Hastings, to help design and implement online campaigns that attract new students to our degree programs, support fundraising, and advance the College's overall institutional reputation goals.
The Marketing & Communications Specialist will also edit and maintain the College's website and provide support as needed for internal communications initiatives.
This is a 12-month position with possibility of being extended to a career position pending board approval.
Typical duties and responsibilities consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with the Chief Communications Officer and the Senior Assistant Dean of Enrollment Management to schedule and launch online advertising campaigns to alumni, peers, and prospective students for all degree programs.
- Copyedit, proofread, and revise online communications.
- Research and incorporate email and social media industry trends and best practices.
- Monitor and interpret social media, advertisement, and email campaign analytics.
- Regularly coordinate with the Enrollment Management & Advancement teams to obtain accurate lists and manipulate the data accurately, ensure content accuracy, and explore ways to improve recruiting efforts through digital communication.
- Coordinate with freelancers and consultants and assist in managing those relationships.
- Maintain marketing calendars and manage projects to ensure key deliverables are met.
- Track campaign metrics and recommend strategies for optimizing performance.
- Create compelling content under the Chief Communications Officer's supervision that generates traffic to digital channels and moves alumni and/or prospective students to engage with UC Hastings.
- Under the direction of the Chief Communications Officer and the Senior Assistant Dean of Enrollment Management, place ads on Facebook, Google, and LinkedIn, as well as monitor spends and analytics.
- Execute strategic online communication plans, maintain brand identity, and work closely with others on campus.
- Draft content for the College's website and update, as needed.
- Take social media photos at campus events.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and one or more years of related experience, and/or equivalent experience and training.
- Solid knowledge of digital marketing principles, concepts, strategies, and best practices.
- Experience implementing, managing, and optimizing digital marketing campaigns.
- Experience with managing or updating websites.
- Experience managing Pay Per Click (PPC) campaigns.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work well within a team and with other groups/departments within the College.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience working in Google Analytics (GA).
- Experience working with Google Tag Manager (GTM).
- Experience with paid search (Google Ads, Yahoo/Bing) and paid social media ad placement (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn).
- Ability to analyze data from web activity and campaigns, and be able to draw insights with actionable recommendations based on the analysis.
- Experience collaborating/working with outside agencies.
- Two to three years of experience in marketing, or a combination of marketing and communications.
- Higher-ed marketing experience.
- Experience updating Wordpress websites.
- Desktop publishing or graphic design software skills.
Health and Welfare Benefits
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts for transportation-related, healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Employee Assistance Program
For your Financial Future
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Legal Insurance
- University of California Retirement Plan (defined benefit)
- Deferred Compensation Plans/Pre-tax Retirement Savings Programs
For your Work/Life Balance
- Fourteen paid holidays per year
- Generous vacation and sick leave
- Commuter Benefits Program
THE HIRING PROCESS
To Apply: Email resume to ...@uchastings.edu
Failure to provide the information as required on the application form and to include a resume shall immediately disqualify an applicant from employment consideration.
Please note: This position has been designated as sensitive and requires a pre-employment background check.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Please contact Human Resources if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job.
Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Applicants who meet the position requirements will be competitively evaluated to identify the individuals whose breadth and depth of experience and education most closely relate to the stated requirements and the needs of the College.
Not all applicants will be contacted for an interview. The position is open until filled.
The skills listed above are comprehensive, and we understand there are great candidates who possess only a subset of those skills, or who have other important skills.
If you match some of these skills, please do not hesitate to apply.
UC Hastings College of the Law is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
UC Hastings strives to provide a diverse and inclusive educational environment that fosters cultural awareness, mutual understanding and respect.
UC Hastings College of the Law is interested in candidates who will contribute to diversity and equal opportunity in higher education through their teaching.
Qualified women and members of underrepresented minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Category: , Keywords: Communications Specialist