The primary role of the Technical Communicator is to be the focal point for factory communication relating to product issues, troubleshooting direction, and goodwill requests. The TC is responsible for filtering and disseminating product support information to the service department. The TC also assists with warranty determination and goodwill situations.
- Provide technical product support for all Power Systems products to Altorfer technicians, management, service supervisors, sales staff, OEM personnel and customers to ensure timely troubleshooting of all engine service issues including emissions solutions support.
- Identify and reports product problems to Caterpillar and other vendors through established channels. Works with Caterpillar s product analysts to accurately and quickly resolve the problem.
- Stays current on all Engine News, Technical Information Bulletins (TIBs), Product Improvement Programs (PIPs) and Product Support Programs (PSPs). Works to keep abreast of new customers and critical issues with current customers.
- Maintains territory specific product knowledge and problem resolution information for the products installed in Altorfer s assigned territory.
- Advise the Service Managers of training and tooling needed for service technicians.
- Review problem S\\u2022O\\u2022S analysis and make recommendations to the Service Department, PSSRs, OEM or the end user.
- Utilize Caterpillar s Infocast / PowerNet, Technical Marketing Information (TMI web), Dealer Solution Network (DSN), Service Information Management Sys (SIMSi) and Service Information System (SIS web), as safe sources of information for the commercial engine business.
- Provide on-site training on Caterpillar systems usage, service tooling, and service software usage. Handles Customer ET installs and licenses.
- Maintain a self-improvement training program and remain current on all commercial engine technical information.
- Assist with performing installation Audits, Failure Analysis, research documentation, keeps tooling in order and calibrated.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- 2 year college degree; or a high school graduate with at least five years service work experience.
- Understand the parts and service requirements of Caterpillar Electric Power Generation and Industrial engine products.
- Electrical products knowledge and ability to read schematics/diagrams required. Knowledge of paralleling controls switchgear and automatic transfer switches is a plus.
- Understand the commercial engine business and the relationship between Caterpillar, the OEMs and our customers.
- Must be able to address and troubleshoot technical issues and write procedures in a logical manner.
- Effective oral & written communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills are needed.
- Needs to have basic/intermediate keyboarding skills with a basic knowledge of MS Office software (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Must be a self-starter and possess good time management skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Must have a valid driver s license (Motor Vehicle Report will be performed on file candidate)
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets